Nutfolla Shakenov was born on 10 November, 1928 in the aul №9, Yermak region (present Aksu), Pavlodar oblast. In 1943 he entered the Kazakh State University, Philology Faculty. Starting with that he published poems, essays, articles. During the student’s time he worked at the newspaper “Socialistic Kazakhstan (present “Yegemen Kazakhstan”), later the journal “Pioneer”.
After graduating from the university for 20 years he worked as the senior teacher at Kyzylorda Pedagogic Institute named after N.V. Gogol. Then he worked as the editor-in-chief at the edition of literature-drama news at Kazakh radio, executive editor at the newspaper “Kazakhstan pioneer” (present “Ulan”), director at the Bureau of the fiction propaganda, executive secretary in the sphere of young literature scholars.
He published over 20 books and is the author of the hundreds of lyrics. Was awarded the Honorary Certificate of the Supreme Court of the Kazakh SSR.
- Bisdin zhyr. Poems. A., 1949;
- Zhurek sozi. Poems. A., 1953;
- Oramal. Poems. A., 1958;
- Suret. Poems. A., 1959;
- Aigul. Poem. A., 1961;
- Night lights. Poems. M., 1964;
- Menin gulim. Poems. A., 1966;
- Suyunshi. Poems. A., 1968;
- Tolkyndar. Verses and poem. A., 1970;
- Sakina. Poems. A., 1971;
- Zhuz an. Lyrics. A., 1973;
- Bel-belester. Selected. A., 1974;
- Baikal. Poems. A., 1979;
- Zhan saule. Lyrics. A., 1984.